ws-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: example wsdl's / policies for wss4j configurations
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:59:23 GMT
On Monday, March 26, 2012 08:50:05 PM chris snow wrote:
> Hi Forum,
>
> Are there any example wsdl's / policies and the associated wss4j
> configuration parameters?
>
> The reason for asking is that in my organisation, we are investigating
> using ws-security.  However, the solution architects would be responsible
> for designing the wsdl's and policies, but the developers would be
> responsible for configuring wss4j to implement the designs.
>
> Ultimately, I would see a catalog of blueprints being created showing
> example wsdl's with policies, that the developers could use to guide them
> in the implementation.
>
> Many thanks in advance,

Configuring raw WSS4J classes based on WS-SecurityPolicy documents is
extremely complex as the security policy docs are extremely complex.   There
really isn't an easy "mapping" for that.   You're best bet is to use a soap
runtime that supports WS-SecurityPolicy  directly such as CXF or
Axis2/Rampart or Metro.

The WSS4J 2.0/trunk work being done will allow WSS4J to directly support the
policies, but that's a little ways off and would be using new code paths and
everything.

--
Daniel Kulp