ws-users mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to get authn and contents attribute statements
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:31:33 GMT
It's a bug in WSS4J that I've just fixed. You can work around it for
now by calling:

Element element = assertionWrapper.getElement();
String assertionStr = DOM2Writer.node2String(element);

Colm.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Mark Diskin <mark.diskin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks - was able to get this to work. It might be a helpful utility class to have something
that walks the result with a callback so all of this casting/looping is not coded over and
over again.

> Also In debugging I added this and got a NPE (see below) since the privatekey onject
is null. Is a private key needed? I had use taken the public key from our ESB to be able to
validate the request. Maybe I’m miss understanding the to.String method intent.

> log.debug("receivedAssertion ="+receivedAssertion.assertionToString());
>

> 08:13:01.265 [tomcat-http--5] DEBUG org.opensaml.xml.signature.Signer - Computing signature
over XMLSignature object
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.implementations.SignatureBaseRSA.engineInitSign(SignatureBaseRSA.java:157)
>       at org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.SignatureAlgorithm.initSign(SignatureAlgorithm.java:238)
>       at org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.sign(XMLSignature.java:591)
>       at org.opensaml.xml.signature.Signer.signObject(Signer.java:76)
>       at org.apache.ws.security.saml.ext.OpenSAMLUtil.toDom(OpenSAMLUtil.java:132)
>       at org.apache.ws.security.saml.ext.AssertionWrapper.toDOM(AssertionWrapper.java:287)
>       at org.apache.ws.security.saml.ext.AssertionWrapper.assertionToString(AssertionWrapper.java:297)
>

> Mark
>
> On Mar 8, 2012, at 4:43 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> You could either write a custom validator or get the Assertion from
>> the result objects, e.g.:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/wss4j/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/ws/security/saml/SamlTokenTest.java?view=markup
>>
>> List<WSSecurityEngineResult> results = verify(unsignedDoc);
>>        WSSecurityEngineResult actionResult =
>>            WSSecurityUtil.fetchActionResult(results, WSConstants.ST_UNSIGNED);
>>        AssertionWrapper receivedAssertion =
>>            (AssertionWrapper)
>> actionResult.get(WSSecurityEngineResult.TAG_SAML_ASSERTION);
>>
>> Colm.

I'm not too sure where I can get the contents of the attribute values. Do I have to pick them
out in a custom validator or is in the result objects. I see examples for building a client
but not ones for the server.

on the spring-ws code by implementing my own security filter behind our service bus.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com