ws-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Hofer <tho...@auto.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject ECC in combination with WSS4J
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 15:11:27 GMT
Hello!

I'm trying to use WSS4J in combination with elliptic curve cryptography.
I installed BouncyCastle as provider.
The PublicKey is of type SHA256withECDSA stored in a JKS, created with
the Java keytool (Java 7). The whole setup works if I switch to RSA
keys, but when I'm using an EC key following exception occurs:

Caused by: java.security.InvalidKeyException: unknown key type passed to RSA
     at
org.bouncycastle.jcajce.provider.asymmetric.rsa.CipherSpi.engineInit(Unknown
Source)
     at javax.crypto.Cipher.implInit(Cipher.java:685)
     at javax.crypto.Cipher.chooseProvider(Cipher.java:737)
     at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1113)
     at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1053)
     at
org.apache.ws.security.message.WSSecEncryptedKey.prepareInternal(WSSecEncryptedKey.java:257)

So far I found no way to set the algorithm used to create the key. The
problem occurs when WSSecEncryptedKey.prepareInternal(...) tries to
initialize the cipher

cipher.init(Cipher.WRAP_MODE, remoteCert.getPublicKey(), oaepParameterSpec);

Some hints or links to tutorials are really appreciated. So far I found
nothing helpful.

Best regards
Thomas Hofer