ws-users mailing list archives

From "Rachna Jotwani" <rjotw...@dag.com>
Subject INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:31:03 GMT
I also use Woden  api in my project.

XML schema 2.0 was not comapatible with Woden API(WSDL 2.0 api), so we had
to use xmlschema 1.4.7.

I will see if I get the same error with xmlschema 2.0.3. I couldn't
reproduce the error with XJC either.

Thanks

Rachna

The lines numbers you provide don't match up with anything useful in the
latest XmlSchema

release (2.0.3).   All I can suggest at this point is to upgrade to the
latest release and

retry.

Alternatively, feed the schema into some other schema processor  (like XJC
that comes with

the JDK) and see if it spits out a similar error with more information.

Dan

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:53 PM, Rachna Jotwani <rjotwani@dag.com> wrote:

> Hi

> I am using the Apache XMLSchema apis to read XSDs. Using the below code.

> I have over 100 xsds.

> I get the following error, but it doesn't tell me which file has the
invalid character.

> schemaCol.read method reads all dependent xsds as well, so it is difficult
to guess which

xsd it could be.

> Can someone give me some ideas to debug this?

> Thanks

> Rachna

> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.w3c.dom.DOMException:
INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid

or illegal XML character is specified.

>        at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.resolveXmlSchema(SchemaBuilder.ja
va:1898)

>        at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.handleInclude(SchemaBuilder.java:
1644)

>        at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.handleXmlSchemaElement(SchemaBuil
der.java:219)

>        at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.build(SchemaBuilder.java:121)

>        at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaCollection.read(XmlSchemaCollection.ja
va:512)

>        at
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaCollection.read(XmlSchemaCollection.ja
va:496)

>               File file = new File(fileName);

>         DocumentBuilderFactory documentBuilderFactory =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

--

Daniel Kulp