ws-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 12:30:40 GMT

The lines numbers you provide don't match up with anything useful in the latest XmlSchema
release (2.0.3).   All I can suggest at this point is to upgrade to the latest release and
retry.

Alternatively, feed the schema into some other schema processor  (like XJC that comes with
the JDK) and see if it spits out a similar error with more information.

Dan

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:53 PM, Rachna Jotwani <rjotwani@dag.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using the Apache XMLSchema apis to read XSDs. Using the below code.
> I have over 100 xsds.
>
> I get the following error, but it doesn’t tell me which file has the invalid character.
>
> schemaCol.read method reads all dependent xsds as well, so it is difficult to guess which
xsd it could be.

> Can someone give me some ideas to debug this?
>
> Thanks
> Rachna
>

> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid
or illegal XML character is specified.

--
Daniel Kulp