ws-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 8 with older SOAP: DeployedServices.ds file no longer found
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 20:16:22 GMT
I discovered that Tomcat 8 no longer can do
servletContext.getRealPath("DeployedServices.ds") and find the file in
my webapp's root location as it did before.  It seems to only find it in
catalina's base, so since we only have one webapp that uses this old
SOAP library, it seems to work if we put that file in $CATALINA_HOME
instead of $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT.  It may not be fixable since
it's likely something that has changed in the servlet spec (going from
3.0 in Tomcat 7 to 3.1 in Tomcat 8).  I don't know if there's a way to
get it to try using a root path that may work correctly if passed