ws-users mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BSR security token w/o signature
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 09:14:29 GMT
How are you using WSS4J, with Axis/CXF or just using the WSS4J APIs? It's
pretty straightforward to do this using the WSS4J APIs. For example see
here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/trunk/ws-security-dom/src/test/java/org/apache/wss4j/dom/message/token/BinarySecurityTokenTest.java

If you are using CXF with a recent version of WSS4J, you have the option of
specifying a security action called "CustomToken". This will just query a
CallbackHandler to get a token (DOM Element) using
WSPasswordCallback.Usage.CUSTOM_TOKEN, and write it out in the security
header.

I disagree that a BST token without signature is a better authentication
token than a UsernameToken without signature. Each are equally as bad if
TLS is not used, as there is no protection against eavesdropping and
subsequent replay attacks. At best it may be a little more difficult for
someone to forge a token as opposed to guessing a username/password.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder