ws-users mailing list archives

From <Stephen.CTR.Chapp...@faa.gov>
Subject RE: WSSConfig Migration 1.6.18 -> 2.1.0
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:57:33 GMT
Thanx, Colm. There's a few more things that have migrated somewhere that I'm having trouble
finding ...

1. WSSecurityUtil used to have some DOM methods that mostly look like they were moved to XMLUtils.
But there's one I can't find - storeElementInContext. Is that one still around, or will I
need to implement locally?

2. ReferenceListProcessor used to have a static getXPath method, but it looks like that was
recently refactored out. Was that moved somewhere?

Thanx,

Stephen W. Chappell

-----Original Message-----
From: Colm O hEigeartaigh [mailto:coheigea@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 5:59 AM
To: users@ws.apache.org
Cc: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: WSSConfig Migration 1.6.18 -> 2.1.0

Answers inline.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 8:14 PM, <Stephen.CTR.Chappell@faa.gov> wrote:

>  WSSConfig doesn’t have that flag anymore as far as I can tell. Is
> this default behavior now, or is there some other way to enable that
> behavior? I see that I can set it on a RequestData, but I don’t have
> one of those at the point I’m setting up the security engine.

You can change your code to create a RequestData Object instead when calling the WSSecurityEngine
methods. The WSSecurityEngine methods that don't take RequestData just end up creating RequestData
internally anyway:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/trunk/ws-security-dom/src/main/java/org/apache/wss4j/dom/WSSecurityEngine.java

> 2. WSSConfig used to have a method isWsiBSPCompliant(), which would
> trigger slightly different behaviors for me depending on its setting
> when I retrieved in from a RequestData object. Is that what the
> RequestData.isDisableBSPEnforcement() flag is now?

Yeah, although it has the opposite semantics, as it is set to false by default, meaning that
BSP enforcement is enabled. You can also disable specific BSP rules via the ignoredBSPRules
List in RequestData.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh