ws-users mailing list archives

From "massimiliano.masi" <massimiliano.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nonce cache thread proliferation
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 12:23:13 GMT
Hi,

Yes, as you can see from the attached images of last mail.
In particular is a timestamp cache.

> Il giorno 18 lug 2016, alle ore 12:41, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org>
ha scritto:

> Hi Massimiliano,
>
> > In fact, ehcache is using a new ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor (version 2.9.0 net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory,
line 151) and it is assigned to a private
> >final (non static) variable. Analyzing the JVM with VisualVM we observed that, when
the shutdown()
> >of the ExecutorService was called, the active threads were parked, causing a new
creation of another executor service for a new session.

> I'm a bit confused by this. Why is the diskstore shutting down after every invocation?
Are you seeing a new cache file created for each invocation?

<mailto:coheigea@apache.org>> ha scritto:

>> Hi Massimiliano,
>>
>> This sounds like a serious problem, although possibly EhCache related rather than
WSS4J.

>> Firstly, WSS4J 2.0.7 uses EhCache 2.8.5 not 2.9.0 - could you verify that the same
behaviour occurs with 2.8.5?

>> If you disable the diskstore by changing the EhCache configuration, does it solve
the problem?

>> Colm.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 1:41 PM, massimiliano.masi <massimiliano.masi@gmail.com
<mailto:massimiliano.masi@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I updated from wss4j 1.6 to wss4j 2.0.7. I observe the following behaviour (using
wildfly 9 and java 1.8.0_60).

>> With Nonce Replay Cache, Saml One Time Use Replacy Cache, Timestamp Replay Cache
set to true, there is a linear thread proliferation: 1 call, 1 thread open and not closed.