ws-users mailing list archives

From "massimiliano.masi" <massimiliano.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nonce cache thread proliferation
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 13:30:23 GMT
Hi,

An additional point: it seems not to be related to wildfly. The same code executed in a junit
produces the same results:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1942406/eclipse.png

> Il giorno 11 lug 2016, alle ore 11:32, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org>
ha scritto:

> Hi Massimiliano,
>
> This sounds like a serious problem, although possibly EhCache related rather than WSS4J.
>
> Firstly, WSS4J 2.0.7 uses EhCache 2.8.5 not 2.9.0 - could you verify that the same behaviour
occurs with 2.8.5?

> If you disable the diskstore by changing the EhCache configuration, does it solve the
problem?

> Colm.
>
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 1:41 PM, massimiliano.masi <massimiliano.masi@gmail.com <mailto:massimiliano.masi@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I updated from wss4j 1.6 to wss4j 2.0.7. I observe the following behaviour (using wildfly
9 and java 1.8.0_60).

> With Nonce Replay Cache, Saml One Time Use Replacy Cache, Timestamp Replay Cache set
to true, there is a linear thread proliferation: 1 call, 1 thread open and not closed.

> With all those caches set to false, the threads are not proliferating and everything
is fine.

> Threads are watched as: watch -n 1 “date && cat /proc/<PID>/status |
grep Threads”

> In fact, ehcache is using a new ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor (version 2.9.0 net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory,
line 151) and it is assigned to a private final (non static) variable. Analyzing the JVM with
VisualVM we observed that, when the shutdown()
> of the ExecutorService was called, the active threads were parked, causing a new creation
of another executor service for a new session.

--
Anger is a gift, http://www.mascanc.net/