ws-users mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: nonce cache thread proliferation
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:22:53 GMT
Hi Massimiliano,

I think the key issue here is how are you using WSS4J? Most users use WSS4J
with Apache CXF. The WS-Security layer in CXF is responsible for managing
the caches, storing them on the message context so that they get picked up
on the next invocation, and shutting them down properly when the CXF
endpoint comes down etc. WSS4J has no concept of a "context" that stores
information for the next request, so it's up to the calling code to handle
this.

In the test-code you provided, a cache will simply be created each time
RequestData is initialized. After processing,
data.getTimestampReplayCache().close() is never called meaning that the
cache is not closed. That explains the proliferation of threads.

So in short, create the ReplayCache instance in the calling code once and
set it on the RequestData for each request.

Colm.