ws-users mailing list archives

From "massimiliano.masi" <massimiliano.m...@gmail.com>
Subject nonce cache thread proliferation
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 12:41:18 GMT
Hi All,

I updated from wss4j 1.6 to wss4j 2.0.7. I observe the following behaviour (using wildfly
9 and java 1.8.0_60).

With Nonce Replay Cache, Saml One Time Use Replacy Cache, Timestamp Replay Cache set to true,
there is a linear thread proliferation: 1 call, 1 thread open and not closed.

With all those caches set to false, the threads are not proliferating and everything is fine.

Threads are watched as: watch -n 1 “date && cat /proc/<PID>/status | grep
Threads”

In fact, ehcache is using a new ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor (version 2.9.0 net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory,
line 151) and it is assigned to a private final (non static) variable. Analyzing the JVM with
VisualVM we observed that, when the shutdown()
of the ExecutorService was called, the active threads were parked, causing a new creation
of another executor service for a new session.

Thus the linear proliferation observed seems to be a new instance of the ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.

Thus: 2000 web service requests, 2000 new threads spawned and not closed.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot,

	Massimiliano

--