ws-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How to use multiple CRL with WSS4J ?
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:35:04 GMT

From: coheigea@apache.org
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:42:53 +0100
Subject: Re: How to use multiple CRL with WSS4J ?
To: users@ws.apache.org

Yes please do a pull request, or create a JIRA and attach the diff there.

Colm.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Claude Libois <clibois.work@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok found your github. Will do a pull request.
New version with the trim() correctly done after the split not before...

Found that it was not possible with Merlin cause it only allow to define a single CRL File.I
have done a quick change that enable a comma separated list of crl.Here is the change. Can
someone review it and if it's ok add it to the official source code ?//        // Load the
CRL file        //        String crlLocations = properties.getProperty(prefix + X509_CRL_FILE);
       if (crlLocations != null) {            crlLocations = crlLocations.trim();
   String[] splittedCrlsLocation=crlLocations.split(",");            List<X509CRL> crls=new
ArrayList();            for (int i = 0; i < splittedCrlsLocation.length; i++) {
        String crlLocation = splittedCrlsLocation[i];                InputStream is = loadInputStream(loader,
crlLocation);
                try {                    CertificateFactory cf = getCertificateFactory();
                   X509CRL crl = (X509CRL)cf.generateCRL(is);                    crls.add(crl);
               } catch (Exception e) {                    if (DO_DEBUG) {
       LOG.debug(e.getMessage(), e);                    }                    throw new WSSecurityException(WSSecurityException.ErrorCode.FAILURE,
"ioError00", e);                } finally {                    if (is != null) {
              is.close();                    }                }            }            try
{                if (provider == null || provider.length() == 0) {                    crlCertStore
=                            CertStore.getInstance(                                    "Collection",
                                   new CollectionCertStoreParameters(crls)
            );
                } else {                    crlCertStore =                            CertStore.getInstance(
                                   "Collection",                                    new CollectionCertStoreParameters(crls),
                                   provider                            );                }
           } catch (Exception e) {                if (DO_DEBUG) {                    LOG.debug(e.getMessage(),
e);                }                throw new WSSecurityException(WSSecurityException.ErrorCode.FAILURE,
"ioError00", e);            }            if (DO_DEBUG) {                LOG.debug(
                "The CRL " + crlLocations + " has been loaded"                );
  }
MG> Merlin.java
          List<X509Certificate> certList = Arrays.asList(x509certs);
          CertPath path = getCertificateFactory().generateCertPath(certList);
MG>what I see from IBM:  FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(filename);
    // instantiate a CertificateFactory for X.509
    CertificateFactory cf = CertificateFactory.getInstance("X.509");
    // extract the certification path from
    // the PKCS7 SignedData structure
    CertPath cp = cf.generateCertPath(fis, "PKCS7");
MG>is IBM doc incorrect?
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYKE2_7.1.0/com.ibm.java.security.component.71.doc/security-component/certpathDocs/certificatefactory.html
Best Regards,Claude
Hi,I got the following pki chain Root CA>Intermediate CA>Client signing certificate
A suggested by Colm, I have set in my truststore my Intermediate CA and my Root CA.
However, by doing this, CRL verification doesn't work. In fact, it seems to validate my Intermediate
CA against the Root CA crl while I'm only interested to verify the client certificate.I'm
not sure how revocation validation works but it seems to validate CRL for every certificate(except
the Root).However, I don't know how to specify multiple CRL in WSS4J or if it possible to
merge 2 crl files into a common one ?I have provided 2 logs. The first one with the Intermediate
CA CRL. We can see that validation of the Intermediate CA against Root CRL failed since it's
not provided.The second one is with the Root CA CRL. Intermediate CA validation succeed but
the signing certificate then failed...
Best Regards,Claude

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh