ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [wsif] generic type mapping [Re: bug 16485 [BeanDeserializer error when XML element starts with a capital letter]]
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:31:12 GMT
Anthony Elder wrote:

>I think the WSIF mechanism for mapping types is a separate issue to this
>problem. Which ever mechanism WSIF uses the current WSIF AXIS provider
>still wont work when element names start with a capital letter.

Ant,

i do not agree:  mechanism for mapping types is required to be able to
solve such issues as mapping between Java property name start with a
capital letter and XML element name with XML lowercase letter.

>As no one is suggesting any way to overcome this,

i have suggested adding WSIFTypeDesc and extending functionality
WSIFService.mapType().

>I'm becoming more tempted
>to have the WSIF AXIS provider used a patched version of the AXIS bean
>serializer which ignores the case of the 1st character of an element name.

i think that we should not create and attribute patches or patched version of AXIS (or make
WSIF dependent on it).

thanks,

alek

--
"Mr. Pauli, we in the audience are all agreed that your theory is crazy.
What divides us is whether it is crazy enough to be true." Niels H. D. Bohr