ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [wsif] generic type mapping [Re: bug 16485 [BeanDeserializer error when XML element starts with a capital letter]]
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:43:15 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:

>1. Your patch works fine for deserializing.  OK, what about serializing?  Let's say you're
calling an "echo" service; you would have no way of knowing that the XML should have the first
letter uppercased, so you'd send "<name>", right?  The service on the other side would
have every right to fault at that point since you sent a non-valid message according to the
schema.  Does .NET actually ignore case when reading XML?  (even if it does, that's a bug)

i think that will show pretty soon as next problem and we probably
should file an umbrella bug/feature enhancement to keep track of it?

thanks,

alek

--
"Mr. Pauli, we in the audience are all agreed that your theory is crazy.
What divides us is whether it is crazy enough to be true." Niels H. D. Bohr