ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From "George Datuashvili" <gdatuashv...@siebel.com>
Subject RE: WSIFDynamicTypeMap
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:49:41 GMT
I'm having bit of a trouble understanding how WSIF makes it possible to
write strongly typed client code once that doesn't depend on binding
changes (nirvana).

In order to make this possible different providers have to use common
porttype->java mapping. Since WSIF itself doesn't define it, and it
works with Axis-generated classes, I have to assume that common mapping
already IS JAX-RPC spec. Yet I can find nothing when I search
http://ws.apache.org/wsif site for "JAX-RPC".

Does WSIF assume use of JAX-RPC spec or no ?

Thanks
-gia

-----Original Message-----
From: Owen D Burroughs [mailto:OWENB@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 2:12 AM
To: wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: WSIFDynamicTypeMap

Roberto,

WSIFDynamicTypeMap is used as a provider (binding) independent way of
storing a mapping between an xml type name (QName) and a Java class. The
information can be used by the various WSIF providers in whatever way
they see fit. For example, the Apache Axis provider will use the
information to help register type mappings on the Axis Call object,
whereas the Java and EJB providers do not use the information, instead
relying on what is provided in the format binding.

The job of "translating" WSDL type names to Java class names is either
carried out by the user through calls to mapType and mapPackage on
WSIFService, or can be left to the new automatic mapping functionality
which has recently been added (see my post from 26th Feb). The actual
generation of the class files themselves is not in the scope of WSIF.
Tools such as WSDL2Java in Axis can be used for this.

Hope this helps.

Owen