ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen D Burroughs" <OW...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Fw: [wsdl] Re: wsdl complex types with WSDL4J
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:09:56 GMT

oops, sorry Sanjiva, spelt your name incorrectly.

Owen

|         |           Owen D           |
|         |           Burroughs/UK/IBM@|
|         |           IBMGB            |
|         |           17/02/2003 11:00 |
|         |           wsif-dev         |

  |       To:       wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
                                                           |
  |       cc:
                                                           |
  |       Subject:  Re: Fw: [wsdl] Re: wsdl complex types with WSDL4J

Sanjeeva,

I agree that we shouldn't have two offerings that do the same thing.
However, as mentioned in my note and also in the javadoc, the code in WSIF
is not a full schema parser; it doesn't need to be. It is much more simple
and serves the requirements of WSIF. I did look at the Axis code when
writing the schema package but concluded that it is too much overhead and
did not meet a number of the requirements that WSIF has for the way the
APIs need to work.

Owen

|         |           "Sanjiva         |
|         |           Weerawarana"     |
|         |           <sanjiva@watson.i|
|         |           bm.com>          |
|         |           17/02/2003 03:52 |
|         |           wsif-dev         |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       <wsif-dev@ws.apache.org>
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  Re: Fw: [wsdl] Re: wsdl complex types with WSDL4J

Axis has accepted a contribution of a pretty complete schema parser.
It wouldn't make sense to have two such beasts - is there any reason
why WSIF can't use the one that Axis is moving to?

There's another open-source one at eclipse, but that's based on MOF/EMF
and the axis folks concluded that was more overhead than they cared
for.

Dims, has there been any progress on the axis schema stuff?

Sanjiva.