ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen D Burroughs" <OW...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSIFDynamicTypeMap
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:11:48 GMT

Roberto,

WSIFDynamicTypeMap is used as a provider (binding) independent way of
storing a mapping between an xml type name (QName) and a Java class. The
information can be used by the various WSIF providers in whatever way they
see fit. For example, the Apache Axis provider will use the information to
help register type mappings on the Axis Call object, whereas the Java and
EJB providers do not use the information, instead relying on what is
provided in the format binding.

The job of "translating" WSDL type names to Java class names is either
carried out by the user through calls to mapType and mapPackage on
WSIFService, or can be left to the new automatic mapping functionality
which has recently been added (see my post from 26th Feb). The actual
generation of the class files themselves is not in the scope of WSIF. Tools
such as WSDL2Java in Axis can be used for this.

Hope this helps.

Owen

|         |           "Roberto         |
|         |           Podesta'"        |
|         |           <ropode@laser.dis|
|         |           t.unige.it>      |
|         |           26/02/2003 15:24 |
|         |           wsif-dev         |

  |       To:       <wsif-dev@ws.apache.org>
                                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                           |
  |       Subject:  WSIFDynamicTypeMap

Hi,
  I have understood that WSIFDynamicTypeMap has the role of mapping the
abstract schema in the WSDL messages for the operation in the PortType to
java types them corresponding, so its scope is "translate" WSDL types to
java type for the client routine and does nothing for the binding issue, is
it correct?
tx
Roberto