ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <w...@paulrussell.org>
Subject Pluggable WSIFServiceFactories
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:45:08 GMT
Guys,

I've been doing some work recently which involves putting an
interceptor stack in the path of web service invocation. I did this by
writing a custom implementation of the WSIFServiceFactory which routes
the requests via the interceptor stack before invoking the 'real'
service implementation via whatever provider was selected.

When I tried to run this, I discovered that the code to instantiate a
non-standard  WSIFServiceFactory has been stripped out. I've made
changes to my local copy of the codebase to re-introduce this feature.
Is this something which has been long decided is a  'bad thing'? At the
moment, the documentation doesn't seem to make it clear that this
doesn't work, hence me spending a few hours writing something which
couldn't work under the default implementation.

It seems to me that there are two options here:

1) Decide that this feature shouldn't be there. Modify the
documentation to strip out any mention of this being a possibility.
2) Decide that this feature is useful (of which the fact that I'm using
it may be some evidence). Modify the code-base to support the feature
again.

I'm more than happy to provide the appropriate patch if option two is
the way to go...

Thoughts?

Paul
--