ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dobies" <jdob...@gestalt-llc.com>
Subject RE: Axis 1.2 Support
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:17:01 GMT

Alek -

I had some time and got a chance to set up the WSIF project locally. I
pulled in the Axis 1.2 libraries and worked through the build issues.
I'm pretty sure all of the changes were the result of the updated (not
sure to which version) WSDL4J JAR included in Axis 1.2. Many were simple
API changes.

The real challenge is still to come as I haven't yet completely tested
the build (having a build problem where the WSIFPort_ApacheAxis class
isn't being included in the wsif.jar). Unfortunately, I'm being pulled
into a meeting and won't get to fully address this today. However, I've
attached a list of the changes necessary in order to get WSIF to build
against Axis 1.2. Let me know how you'd like me to get the changed
source files to you to save you the effort. I'll let you know when I've
had a chance to continue to look into this and whatever else I find.
Again, if there is something in particular you would like me to focus
on, I'd be more than happy to help out.

Below are the changes Axis:

org.apache.wsif.schema.Parser

    WSDLLocator.getImportReader is no longer in the interface.
    	  private static void getImportedSchemas(String base, String
rel, WSDLLocator loc, List schemaList) throws WSIFException  {
      	  try {
            	//Reader reader = loc.getImportReader(base, rel);
	            InputSource inSource =
loc.getImportInputSource(base, rel);
      	      Reader reader = inSource.getCharacterStream();

org.apache.wsif.wsdl.AuthenticatingProxyWSDLLocatorImpl

    Implemented as part of the interface:
        public InputSource getBaseInputSource() {
            Reader baseReader = getBaseReader();
            InputSource baseInputSource = new InputSource(baseReader);
            return baseInputSource;
        }

        public InputSource getImportInputSource(String base,
                                                String relativeLocation)
{
            Reader importReader = getImportReader(base,
relativeLocation);
            InputSource importInputSource = new
InputSource(importReader);
            return importInputSource;
        }

org.apache.wsif.wsdl.extensions.format.FormatBindingSerializer

    unmarshall method: Added Definition parameter:
        QName qElementName =
            DOMUtils.getQualifiedAttributeValue(
                tempEl,
                "elementName",
                "typeMap",
                false,
                def);
        QName qTypeName =
            DOMUtils.getQualifiedAttributeValue(
                tempEl,
                "typeName",
                "typeMap",
                false,
                def);

org.apache.wsif.wsdl.WSIFWSDLLocatorImpl

    Implemented as part of the interface:
        public InputSource getBaseInputSource() {
            Reader baseReader = getBaseReader();
            InputSource baseInputSource = new InputSource(baseReader);
            return baseInputSource;
        }

        public InputSource getImportInputSource(String base,
                                                String relativeLocation)
{
            Reader importReader = getImportReader(base,
relativeLocation);
            InputSource importInputSource = new
InputSource(importReader);
            return importInputSource;
        }

org.apache.wsif.wsdl.WSIFWSDLLocatorImpl

    com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils removed getContentAsReader. Added
    utility method for getContentAsReader

        protected Reader getContentAsReader(URL url)
            throws IOException
        {
            InputStream stream =
StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream(url);
            Reader reader = new InputStreamReader(stream);
            return reader;
        }

org.apache.wsif.compiler.util.Utils

    com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils removed getChars(int, char). Hard
coded
    function to simulate this (probably cleaner solution out there).

            //String indentStr = StringUtils.getChars(indent, ' ');
            StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer();
            for (int i = 0; i < indent; i++) {
                  sb.append(' ');
            }
            String indentStr = sb.toString();

org.apache.wsif.wsdl.extensions.jms.JMSPropertyValueSerializer

    unmarshall method: Added Definition parameter:
            QName type =
                DOMUtils.getQualifiedAttributeValue(
                    el,
                    JMSConstants.ATTR_TYPE,
                    JMSConstants.ELEM_PROPERTY_VALUE,
                    false,
                    def);

org.apache.wsif.wsdl.extensions.jms.JMSFaultPropertySerializer

    unmarshall method: Added Definition parameter:
        QName type =
                DOMUtils.getQualifiedAttributeValue(
                    el,
                    JMSConstants.ATTR_TYPE,