ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From Jos van den Oever <jos.oe...@gsf.de>
Subject Re: Invocation by directly providing XML message
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:41:04 GMT
On Friday 17 June 2005 19:15, Aleksander Slominski wrote:
> Jos van den Oever wrote:
> >Hi Alek,
> >
> >Thanks for your extensive reply.
> >
> >>i only support WSDL doc/literal and no rpc/encoding.
> >
> >Oops, I definitly need rpc.
> >
> >Well, I guess I'll have to roll my own. :-(
>
> rpc/literal is supported to some degree in XSUL2 but support is limited
> (and untestd)
>
> >But I've got a simple client running now. It's now difficult after all.
>
> i agree that generic functionality is easy but devil is in details in
> particular making API easier actually is hard part and then there is
> supporting SOAP 1.1 and 1.2, different binding styles in WSDL, async
> messaging (WS-Addressing, correlations) and so on.

Yes, the problem I was facing was that the APIs actually made it more
difficult to use Web Services. I'm now going to use my own code for a simple
client and I will add functionality as required. The promise of the libraries
that WS will be supported fully is simply not as good as it sounds.

For the moment, I don't need async access and I'll just implement the most
common binding styles, i.e. the ones that I encounter when using the client.

Cheers, Jos