ws-wsif-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Mukhi <nmu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire Muse and WSIF to the Attic
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 14:06:09 GMT

+1 retire WSIF.

Thanks,
Nirmal.

  From:       Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com>

  To:         wsif-dev@ws.apache.org, "general@ws.apache.org" <general@ws.apache.org>,
muse-dev@ws.apache.org

  Cc:         "private@axis.apache.org" <private@axis.apache.org>

  Date:       08/02/2010 11:24 PM

  Subject:    [VOTE] Retire Muse and WSIF to the Attic

Hi all,

So, it's time to get the WS project cleanup moving a little.  Toward that
end, I submit for your approval two resolutions that I would like to
present
to the board at this month's meeting.  These serve to retire the Muse and
WSIF projects (which as far as I am aware have zero active development, and
no plans for any) to the Attic.  I've cc'ed this message to the dev lists
just in case there is any discussion - if you do want to comment, please
remember to cc the general@ws list so everyone can follow.

PMC members, please vote as follows:

[ ] +1, retire Muse
[ ] -1, do NOT retire Muse

[ ] +1, retire WSIF
[ ] -1, do NOT retire WSIF

Please send all VOTEs to general@ws.apache.org so that we can collect them
in
one place.

The resolutions themselves follow.

My vote:
[X] +1, retire Muse
[X] +1, retire WSIF

Thanks,
--Glen

----------------

Termination of the Apache MUSE subproject

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it no longer in the best interest of
the Foundation to continue the Apache MUSE subproject of the Web Services
PMC
due to inactivity

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Apache MUSE subproject is hereby
terminated; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Attic PMC be and hereby is tasked with oversight over
the
software developed by the Apache MUSE subproject

----------------

Termination of the Apache WSIF subproject

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it no longer in the best interest of
the Foundation to continue the Apache WSIF subproject of the Web Services
PMC
due to inactivity

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Apache WSIF subproject is hereby
terminated; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Attic PMC be and hereby is tasked with oversight over
the
software developed by the Apache WSIF subproject