www-announce mailing list archives

From Chris Mattman <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OODT 0.5 release
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 23:55:19 GMT
One addition too:

Apache OODT is also available from the Python Package Index at:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/oodt

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris Mattmann

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Chris Mattman <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:

> The Apache OODT community is proud to announce the release of Apache OODT 0.5.
>
> Apache OODT is a software framework, and an architectural style for
> the rapid construction of scientific data systems. It provides
> components for data capture, curation, metadata extraction, workflow
> management, resource management and data processing.
>
> The 0.5 release addresses 61 issues from our JIRA management system:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT
>
> The release includes various ingestion and curation-related improvements to our File
Manager system including a lenient Lucene-based catalog that allows the ingestion of arbitrary
metadata; improvements to our Solr-based indexing system to dump File Manager metadata from
arbitrary catalog backends to Solr; and improvements to our Curator JAX-RS web application
system.

> In addition, several bugs related to the PushPull remote file retrieval system and bugs
related to various tools including the ExpImpCatalog tool were fixed.

> Finally the release marks a complete improvement of the WEngine workflow system. CAS-PGE,
crawler, workflow manager and resource manager can now all be used together, in a forwards
(Wengine/Workflow2) and backwards compatible way. Early WEngine features including explicit
support for branch and bounds in policy, inheritable configuration, global workflow conditions,
task-level timeouts and post conditions, are now all supported.

> The release is available from:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/oodt/
>
> In the first 48 hours, the release will be propagating to the mirrors, so allow time
for it to show up in a mirror near you.

you find anything that you'd like to report (including praise!) please do so on our user@oodt.apache.org