www-announce mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [Announce] Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M2
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 20:48:21 GMT
The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Mavibot 1.0.0-M2, the second milestone towards a 1.0 version.

Mavibot is a Multi Version Concurrency Control (MVCC) BTree in Java.
It is expected to be a replacement for JDBM (The current backend for
the Apache Directory Server), but could be a good fit for any other
project in need of a Java MVCC BTree implementation. This milestone
contains two different BTrees : one for in-memory BTrees one for
managed BTrees

The rational for this big modification is that we can't easily have
one BTree to gather all the characteristics of both the in-memory and
the managed BTrees with oe single class.

We also have rewrote the way we handle added elements when we reach
the end of the memory : we now use a cache instead of depending on
wekReferences, which proved to be just way too slow.

The next milestones will add the missing features :

o bulk load support
o multi-version support with free pages management
o transaction support

ApacheDS has already been tested with Mavibot 1.0.-M2-SNAPSHOT, and it
offers performances twice better than JDBM.

You can read more about Mavibot on http://directory.apache.org/mavibot/

You can download the package at
http://directory.apache.org/mavibot/downloads.html

Thanks !