www-announce mailing list archives

From lewis john mcgibbney <lewi...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Nutch 1.8 Release
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 02:08:15 GMT
Good Evening,

The Apache Nutch PMC are pleased to announce the immediate release of
Apache Nutch v1.8.

Apache Nutch is a highly extensible and scalable open source web crawler
software project. Stemming from Apache Lucene, the project has diversified
and now comprises two codebases, namely: Nutch 1.x: A well matured,
production ready crawler. 1.x enables fine grained configuration, relying
on Apache Hadoop data structures, which are great for batch processing.
Nutch 2.x: An emerging alternative taking direct inspiration from 1.x, but
which differs in one key area; storage is abstracted away from any specific
underlying data store by using Apache Gora for handling object to
persistent mappings. This means we can implement an extremely flexibile
model/stack for storing everything (fetch time, status, content, parsed
text, outlinks, inlinks, etc.) into a number of NoSQL storage solutions.
We advise all current users and developers of the 1.X series to upgrade to
this release. Although this release includes library upgrades to Crawler
Commons 0.3 and Apache Tika 1.4, it also provides over 30 bug fixes as well
as 18 improvements. Please see the list of
changes<http://www.apache.org/dist/nutch/1.8/CHANGES.txt>for a full
breakdown, or see the release
report <http://s.apache.org/oHY>. As usual in the 1.X series, this release
is made available both as source and binary. Additionally developers can
find Maven artifacts within Maven Central <http://search.maven.org/>. The
release is available here <http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/nutch/>.

Thank you
Lewis
(On behalf of the Nutch PMC)

--

            http://people.apache.org/~lewismc || @hectorMcSpector ||
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

               Apache Gora V.P || Apache Nutch PMC || Apache Any23 PMC