www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 20 February 2015
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 18:15:48 GMT
>> this announcement is available online at http://s.apache.org/5wG

The Apache News Round-up: week ending 20 February 2015

This week we welcomed Cloudera, who renewed its sponsorship of the ASF and upgraded to the
Platinum level http://s.apache.org/5KH . Here's what happened elsewhere at the Foundation:

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running 24x7x365.
- The Infra team's global uptime across all Apache services is a stellar 99.73% http://status.apache.org/

Apache Accumulo™ –sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust, scalable, high performance
data storage system that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.

- Apache Accumulo 1.6.2 released http://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/

Apache Gora™ –an easy-to-use in-memory data model and persistence for big data framework
with data store specific mappings and built-in Apache Hadoop support
- Apache Gora 0.6 released http://gora.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache Libcloud™ –a Python library that abstracts away the differences among multiple
cloud provider APIs.
- Apache Libcloud 0.17.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html

Did You Know?

- Did you know that Twitter uses Apache Kafka, Storm, Hadoop, and Cassandra to handle 5 billion
sessions a day in real time?

- Did you know that Biology Virtual Collaborative Labs (BioVLAB) use Apache Airavata to set
up computational resources and build bioinformatics tools?

- Did you know that the Oxford English Dictionary is powered by Apache Tapestry?

Apache Community Notices:

- We're participating in the annual Future of Open Source Survey, and appreciate your answering
a few short questions http://s.apache.org/0UW

- Catch Apache TomEE in action on 21 February at the ceJug/JVM Users Group in Ceará, Brazil
https://twitter.com/cejug

- The first ever Apache Phoenix MeetUp will take place 24 February at Salesforce in San Francisco
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Apache-Phoenix-Meetup/events/220009583/

- The next Apache Mesos User Group MeetUp will take place 25 March in London http://www.meetup.com/London-Mesos-User-Group/events/220602962/

- The Women of ASF Luncheon will be held on 14 April at ApacheCon http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/attend/women-asf-luncheon

- Apache TrafficServer Spring Summit will take place 16-17 April in Austin https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Spring+2015+Summit

- The Apache Marmotta community are being proactive and beginning to collect ideas for Google
Summer of Code 2015 http://markmail.org/message/4nowycutyx2m2rj3

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of both Project activities and the personal blogs of select ASF Committers.

# # #