www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes Pivotal as a Platinum-level Sponsor
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:39:47 GMT
>> this announcement is available online at http://s.apache.org/UBl

Sponsorship provides critical infrastructure and support services that keep the Foundation
running on a day-to-day basis.

Forest Hill, MD –13 April 2015– The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer
developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 350 Open Source projects and initiatives,
announced today that Pivotal has renewed its sponsorship of the ASF with an upgrade to the
Platinum level.

"The ASF continues to flourish thanks to essential support from Sponsors such as Pivotal,"
said ASF President Ross Gardler. "Their generosity helps us nurture diverse and independent
Open Source communities, that, in turn, create reliable, trusted software. This is at the
heart of the ASF, and we're proud to celebrate 15 years of community-led development."

"Pivotal is first and foremost an open source company and we contribute to the global community
in many ways," said Leo Spiegel, senior vice president of corporate development and strategy
at Pivotal. "In addition to our support for the Spring developer community, our participation
in the Cloud Foundry Foundation, and more recently joining as a member of the Open Data Platform,
we are extremely excited to extend our commitment to the Apache Software Foundation with Platinum-level
sponsorship this year. Our increased contribution to the Apache Software Foundation will help
us better support the open source community while delivering increased value to our enterprise
customers."

As a United States 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charitable organization, the ASF relies on individual
donors and corporate sponsors to help bolster existing projects, incubate new initiatives,
and promote meritocratic, community-driven development "The Apache Way". In addition, ASF
Sponsorship provides critical infrastructure and support services that keep the Foundation
running on a day-to-day basis.
Pivotal has been an ASF Sponsor since the company was founded in April 2013. Pivotal team
members are active contributors to numerous Apache projects, and serve on several Project
Management Committees and mentor emerging projects in the Apache Incubator.

Pivotal joins Platinum level Sponsors Citrix, Cloudera, Facebook, Google, Matt Mullenweg,
Microsoft, and Yahoo!; Gold Sponsors Comcast, HP, Hortonworks, and IBM; Silver Sponsors Budget
Direct, Cerner, InMotion Hosting, iSIGMA, Produban, and WANdisco; and Bronze Sponsors Accor,
Basis Technology, Bluehost, Cloudsoft Corporation, Samsung, Talend, and Twitter. For more
information on ASF Sponsorship, please visit http://apache.org/foundation/sponsorship.html.

About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees more than 350 leading Open Source
projects, including Apache HTTP Server --the world's most popular Web server software. Through
the ASF's meritocratic process known as "The Apache Way," more than 500 individual Members
and 4,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop freely available enterprise-grade
software, benefiting millions of users worldwide: thousands of software solutions are distributed
under the Apache License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing lists, mentoring
initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official user conference, trainings, and expo.
The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization, funded by individual donations and corporate
sponsors including Budget Direct, Cerner, Citrix, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google, Hortonworks,
HP, IBM, InMotion Hosting, iSigma, Matt Mullenweg, Microsoft, Pivotal, Produban, WANdisco,
and Yahoo. For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/ or follow https://twitter.com/TheASF

About Pivotal
Pivotal is a trusted partner for IT innovation, enabling enterprises to provide modern software-driven
experiences for their customers and workforces. The combination of leading agile development
services, an open cloud platform and open suite of big data products accelerate innovation
cycles for our customers across every industry. More at www.pivotal.io

© The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "Apache Bigtop", "Bigtop", "Apache Hadoop", "Hadoop",
"Apache Sqoop", "Sqoop", and "ApacheCon", are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation.
All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

©2015 Pivotal Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.  Pivotal, Pivotal CF, and Cloud Foundry
 are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Pivotal Software, Inc. in the United States
and/or other Countries.

# # #