www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 24 July 2015
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 19:26:15 GMT
>> this announcement is available online at http://s.apache.org/AQD

It's week 30 of the year --we're more than halfway through 2015. Here's what's we've been
working on:

ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Announcing Program for ApacheCon™: Core Europe –REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! http://s.apache.org/31N

ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and
affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Upcoming Board Meeting: 19 August. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
- 35,000+ weekly infrastructure checks yielded a nifty 99.17% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/

Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed
for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.

- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.3 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache NiFi™ –Big Data automation system acquires and delivers data easily, securely,
and reliably across enterprise systems in real time.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ NiFi™ as a Top-Level Project http://s.apache.org/kc

Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 1.8.10 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/download.cgi

Apache POI™ –a library for reading and writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as
Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Publisher and Outlook.
- Apache POI 3.13-beta1 released http://poi.apache.org/download.html

Did You Know?

- Did you know that there were 12 new projects submitted to the Apache Incubator this year?
4 projects also graduated as Top-level Projects, and 1 was retired. http://incubator.apache.org/

- Did you know that there are currently 38 initiatives in development at the Apache Labs (our
innovation "sandbox" to test technical concepts)? http://labs.apache.org/

- Did you know that the newly-designed Apache Projects page at https://projects.apache.org/
documents the evolution of the ASF's more than 300 projects, From Abdera to ZooKeeper, including
charts, PMCs, languages, contributor trends, and more?

Apache Community Notices:

- The next Apache Flink Berlin MeetUp will take place 29 July http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/223574589/

- The CloudStack Silicon Valley MeetUp ("Jenkins + jclouds + CloudStack = On-demand Continuous
Integration") will be held 4 August in Santa Clara http://www.meetup.com/CloudStack-Silicon-Valley-User-Group/events/223921012/

- The second annual MesosCon will be held 20-21 August in Seattle https://mesoscon2015.sched.org/

- ASF Member Joan Touzet will keynote the Texas Linux Fest 21-22 August in San Marcos https://2015.texaslinuxfest.org/

- Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September - 1 October in Budapest
http://apachecon.com/

- The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org

- CFP open for Lucene/Solr Revolution, to be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org

- The ASF FY 2014-2015 Annual Report is available at http://s.apache.org/ZVp

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear
and http://s.apache.org/landsend --all proceeds benefit the ASF!

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
ASF Committers.

# # #