Dear community,

We are pleased to announce the first release of Apache Groovy done under the Apache Software Foundation Incubator sponsorship! Apache Groovy is a multi-facet programming language for the JVM. Details can be found at http://groovy-lang.org

This release is a maintenance release of the 2.4.x branch, but contains critical fixes, in particular a fix for a 0-day vulnerability. Details can be found on http://groovy-lang.org/security.html

It is strongly encouraged that all users upgrade to this version. There is no plan to provide patches for older versions of Groovy which were not developped under the Foundation umbrella.

Changelog for this version can be found at: http://groovy-lang.org/changelogs/changelog-2.4.4.html
Sources can be downloaded from: http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Convenience binaries, SDK and documentation can be found at: http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html

We would like to thank all people who contributed to this release. In particular, thanks to our mentors who are having hard days at explaining the Apache Way :) Despite comments we received about this release, we felt that the security issue is so important that we deserved this to our community.

Best regards,

----
DISCLAIMER

Apache Groovy is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache
Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator PMC.

Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects.

While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the
project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.