www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 4 September 2015
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 17:24:50 GMT
>> this announcement is available online at http://s.apache.org/nTr

Welcome September! Here's what the Apache community has been working on over the past week:

ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- We're ramping up for Apache: Big Data 28-30 September and ApacheCon: Core Europe 1-2 October
and look forward to seeing you in in Budapest http://apachecon.com/

ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and
affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Upcoming Board Meeting: 16 September. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
- 6 *Million* weekly checks yielded a stellar 99.94% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/
with 99.57% performance check against established Service Level Agreements http://status.apache.org/sla/

Apache Calcite (Incubating) –a highly customizable engine for parsing and planning queries
on data in a wide variety of formats.
- Apache Calcite 1.4.0 (incubating) released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/calcite/apache-calcite-1.4.0-incubating/

Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java
Technology API (JCR).
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.5 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache Lens™ –Open Source Big Data platform seamlessly enables unified, multi-dimensional
queries across multiple data stores.
- Apache Lens 2.3.0-beta released http://lens.apache.org/lenshome/quick-start.html

Apache Subversion™ –an Open Source centralized version control system characterized by
its reliability as a safe haven for valuable data; the simplicity of its model and usage;
and its ability to support the needs of a wide variety of users and projects, from individuals
to large-scale enterprise operations.
- Apache Subversion 1.9.1 released http://subversion.apache.org/download.cgi#supported-releases

Did You Know?
- Did you know that the ASF's combined Infrastructure services today served 2,322,258 unique
users from more than 11,495 cities in 202 countries? http://status.apache.org/

- Did you know that you can follow the Twitter accounts of select Apache project Committers
and contributors on @PlanetApache? https://twitter.com/planetapache

- Did you know that 10 Apache projects are celebrating their birthdays this month? Congratulations
to ServiceMix (8 years), Hive/Pig/Shiro (5 years), Airavata/Bigtop/SIS/Stanbol (3 years),
Curator (2 years), and Storm (1 year)! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date

Apache Community Notices:

- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html

- The Big Data Innovation conference will feature an "Apache Innovation" track 9-10 September
in Boston http://theinnovationenterprise.com/summits/big-data-innovation-boston-2015/

- The 6th annual Cassandra Summit will be held 22-24 September in Santa Clara http://cassandrasummit-datastax.com/

- Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September - 1 October in Budapest
http://apachecon.com/

- The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will be held 8-9 October in Dublin http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe

- The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will be held 12-13 October in Berlin http://flink-forward.org

- The next Lucene/Solr Revolution will be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org

- The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 6-8 February 2016 https://fosdem.org/

- The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available
at http://s.apache.org/c2P

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear
and http://s.apache.org/landsend --all proceeds benefit the ASF!

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
ASF Committers.

# # #