www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 18 September 2015
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:30:29 GMT
>> this announcement is available online at http://s.apache.org/czL

This week marks our one-year anniversary of the Weekly News Round-ups -- we hope you're enjoying
them! Here's what we've been up to over the past week:

ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- COMING UP: Europe events 1) Apache: Big Data (28-30 September), and 2) ApacheCon: Core Europe
(1-2 October). See you in in Budapest! http://apachecon.com/

ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and
affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Upcoming Board Meeting: 14 October. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
- 6M weekly checks yielded a brilliant 99.93% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/
Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/

Apache HttpComponents™ Client –a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore.
It provides connection management, cookie management, and authentication; the successor to
the widely-used Jakarta Commons HttpClient 3.1.
- HttpComponents Client 4.5.1 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi

Apache OODT™ – a software framework and architectural style for the rapid construction
of scientific data systems.
- Apache OODT 0.10 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/oodt/

Apache SIS™ –a spatial framework that enables better representation of coordinates for
searching, data clustering, archiving, or other relevant spatial needs.
- Apache SIS 0.6 released http://sis.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy
server.
- Apache Traffic Server v5.3.2 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads

Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Project Management Committees (PMCs) are welcome to contribute
articles to the Apache column on OpenSource.com?

- Did you know that there are currently 39 initiatives in development at the Apache Labs (our
innovation "sandbox" to test technical concepts)? http://labs.apache.org/

- Did you know that Apex, HAWQ, HORN, and MADlibs are the latest podlings undergoing development
in the Apache Incubator? http://incubator.apache.org/

Apache Community Notices:

- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html

- The 6th annual Cassandra Summit will be held 22-24 September in Santa Clara http://cassandrasummit-datastax.com/

- Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon: Core Europe will be held 28 September - 1 October in Budapest
http://apachecon.com/

- The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will be held 8-9 October in Dublin http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe

- MesosCon Europe will take place 8-9 October in Dublin http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon-europe

- The first Apache Flink Conference, Flink Forward, will take place 12-13 October in Berlin
http://flink-forward.org
- The next Lucene/Solr Revolution will be held 13-16 October in Austin http://www.lucenerevolution.org

- The Apache Roadshow returns to China: Containers/Cloud/Big Data/Incubation & more 24-25
Oct in Beijing http://www.huodongxing.com/event/9291887966700

- Apache CloudStack will hold a MeetUp in London on 12 November http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-18631038939?aff=es2

- The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 6-8 February 2016 https://fosdem.org/

- The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available
at http://s.apache.org/c2P

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear
and http://s.apache.org/landsend --all proceeds benefit the ASF!

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
ASF Committers.

# # #