www-announce mailing list archives

From jun...@apache.org (Jun Rao)
Subject [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.8.2.2 Released
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2015 15:36:00 GMT
The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache Kafka 0.8.2.2.

The 0.8.2.2 release fixes 2 critical issues in 0.8.2.1.

All of the changes in this release can be found: https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.8.2.2/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Apache Kafka is high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system rethought of as a distributed
commit log.

** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads and
writes per second from thousands of clients.

** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the central data
backbone
for a large organization. It can be elastically and transparently expanded without downtime.
Data streams are partitioned and spread over a cluster of machines to allow data streams
larger than the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of co-ordinated consumers.

** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the cluster to prevent
data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages without performance impact.

** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that offers
strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.

You can download the source release from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.8.2.2/kafka-0.8.2.2-src.tgz

and binary releases from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.8.2.2/kafka_2.9.1-0.8.2.2.tgz
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.8.2.2/kafka_2.9.2-0.8.2.2.tgz
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.8.2.2/kafka_2.10-0.8.2.2.tgz
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.8.2.2/kafka_2.11-0.8.2.2.tgz

We will update the download link in our website shortly.

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at http://kafka.apache.org/

Thanks,

Jun