www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 30 October 2015
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:52:23 GMT
>> this announcement is available online at http://s.apache.org/obX

We're wrapping up October with the following activities from the Apache Community:

ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and
affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 November. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
- 6M weekly checks yielded a peachy 99.44% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/
Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/

Apache Directory™ LDAP Client API –an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced LDAP API,
as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAPAPI (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).
- Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 released http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html

Apache OpenOffice™ –an open-source, office-document productivity suite providing six productivity
applications based around the OpenDocument Format (ODF), and released on multiple platforms
and in dozens of languages.
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2 released http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Apache Tajo™ –mature, efficient "SQL-on-Hadoop®" engine used for advanced data warehousing
and analysis.
- The Apache Software Foundation announces Apache Tajo v0.11.0 http://s.apache.org/ZMF

Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content
from various documents using existing parser libraries.
- Apache Tika 1.11 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.11-src.zip

Apache UIMA™ DUCC –(Distributed UIMA Cluster Computing); a cluster management system providing
tooling, management, and scheduling facilities to automate the scale-out of applications written
to the UIMA (Unstructured Information Management Applications) framework.
- Apache UIMA DUCC 2.0.1 released http://uima.apache.org/doc-uimaducc-whatitam.html

Apache Wicket™ –with proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing
lack of XML, Apache Wicket makes developing Web-apps simple and enjoyable again.
- Apache Wicket 7.1.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/7.1.0

Did You Know?

- Did you know that The ASF, on behalf of our many Apache DevOps projects, was named one of
DevOps.com's inaugural DevOps Dozen? http://devops.com/2015/10/28/the-devops-dozen/

- Did you know that videos, photos, and presentation slides from ApacheCon:Core Europe are
available at http://bit.ly/1goHDAJ?

- Did you know that 4 new podlings entered the Apache Incubator this month? Welcome Concerted,
Eagle, Mynewt, and Unomi! http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html

Apache Community Notices:

- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html

- The São Paulo Cassandra Users Group will meet 31 October http://www.meetup.com/Sao-Paulo-Cassandra-Users/events/225844767/
- The Advanced Apache Spark Meetup, featuring Apache Kafka and Spark, will take place 2 November
in Zurich http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Apache-Spark-Meetup/events/225815218/

- The Apache Apex (incubating) Meetup will take place 3 November in Pune http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Apex-incubating-Meetup-Pune/

- The Barcelona Spark MeetUp will take place 3 November http://www.meetup.com/Spark-Barcelona/events/226143035/

- Cassandra Day Dallas will take place 5 November http://www.meetup.com/Dallas-Cassandra-Users/events/226212738/

- The Bay Area Apache Aurora Users Group will meet 10 November in Palo Alto http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Aurora-Users-Group/events/225412389/

- Apache CloudStack will hold a MeetUp in London on 12 November http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-18631038939?aff=es2

- The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/

- The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available
at http://s.apache.org/c2P

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear
and http://s.apache.org/landsend --all proceeds benefit the ASF!

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
ASF Committers.

# # #