www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 6 November 2015
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 14:21:02 GMT
>> this announcement is available online at http://s.apache.org/wrT

Happy November! We're mid-way through the last quarter of the calendar year with the latest
activities from the Apache Community:

ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and
affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 November. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
- 6M weekly checks yielded a sterling 99.82% uptime over the past week http://status.apache.org/
Check against established SLAs http://status.apache.org/sla/

Apache Apex (incubating) –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that
unifies stream processing as well as batch processing.
- Apache Apex Core 3.2.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/apex/v3.2.0-incubating/apex-3.2.0-incubating-source-release.tar.gz

Apache Curator™ –Java libraries that make using Apache ZooKeeper much easier and more
reliable.
- Apache Curator 2.9.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/curator/

Apache HttpComponents™ –a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used
to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
- HttpComponents Core 4.4.4 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi

Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM)
Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR
283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.11.2 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.23 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache Slider (incubating) – a YARN application that deploys existing distributed applications
on YARN, monitors them, and makes them larger or smaller as desired - even while the application
is running.
- Apache Slider 0.81.1-incubating http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/slider/0.81.1-incubating/

Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation
system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
- Apache Storm 0.10.0 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html

Did You Know?

- Did you know that the number of downloads for Groovy have doubled since the project has
entered the Apache Incubator? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/groovy.html

- Did you know that BonusCard, Energie-Saarlorlux, Norton Antivirus, Opel, and songtexte.com
use Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/

- Did you know that The SETI Institute uses Apache Parquet and Spark for significant Big Data
optimization? http://parquet.apache.org/ & http://spark.apache.org/

Apache Community Notices:

- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html

- The Bay Area Apache Aurora Users Group will meet 10 November in Palo Alto http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Aurora-Users-Group/events/225412389/

- Apache CloudStack will hold a MeetUp in London on 12 November http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-18631038939?aff=es2

- The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2016 in Brussels 30-31 January 2016 https://fosdem.org/

- The ASF Operations Summary: First Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (May-July 2015) is available
at http://s.apache.org/c2P

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear
and http://s.apache.org/landsend --all proceeds benefit the ASF!

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
ASF Committers.

# # #