www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 12 February 2016
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:17:21 GMT
 >> this announcement is also available online at http://s.apache.org/8hs

We wish you a happy holiday (Spring Festival Golden Week/Vasant Panchami/Chinese New Year/President's
Day/Tet/Valentine's) weekend with a summary of our activities across the Apache community:

ASF Board –the ASF Board is responsible for management and oversight of the business and
affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 February 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
- Continued superb performance across 6M+ weekly checks yields 99.89% uptime http://status.apache.org/

ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP CLOSING TODAY: Apache:Big Data + ApacheCon North America - Vancouver http://apachecon.com/

- Travel Assistance applications close 2 March http://www.apache.org/travel/ ; Early Registration
ends 4 March http://apachecon.com/

Apache Apex (incubating) Core –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform
that unifies stream and batch processing.
- Apache Apex Core 3.3.0-incubating released http://apex.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache BVal™ –an implementation of the Java Bean Validation specification 1.1.
- Apache BVal 1.1.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/bval/1.1.1/

Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed
for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.

- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.3.15 and 2.12.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache MyFaces™ Tobago –a well designed set of user interface components based on JSF.

- Apache Tobago 2.0.9 released http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/download.html

Apache MINA™ –a network application framework which helps users develop high performance
and high scalability network applications easily by providing an abstract, event-driven, asynchronous
API over various transports such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP vis Java NIO.
- Apache MINA 2.0.12 released http://mina.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache Tomcat™ –a Web server that is an Open Source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.32 and 9.0.0.M3 available http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi and

Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy
- Apache Traffic Server 6.1.1 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads

Did You Know?

- Did you know that new projects (a.k.a. "podlings") entering the Apache Incubator this month
include Beam (Big Data) and Guacamole (Cloud computing)? http://incubator.apache.org/
- Did you know Apache Cordova released 6 new plug-ins this week? http://cordova.apache.org/news/2016/02/09/plugins-release.html

- Did you know that we are beginning to collect ideas for this year's Summer of Code? https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VXQUERY-178?filter=12334770#

Apache Community Notices:

- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html

- "Building smart bots with data analytics, machine learning, Spark and Cassandra" will be
held 12 February in Toronto http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Cassandra-Users-Group/events/228015422/

- "Modern Data Architecture using Flink and Hadoop" will be held in Chicago on 16 February

- The Melbourne Cassandra Users Group will hold Troubleshooting Cassandra for Ops Engineers
training on 16 February http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Cassandra-Users/events/223688976/

- The Seattle Java Users Group will present "Introduction to Apache Geode (incubating)" on
16 February http://www.meetup.com/seajug/events/228251283/

- The next CloudStack European User Group will be held 3 March 2016 in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-19726408218

- Apache:Big Data North America will take place 9-12 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america

- ApacheCon:Core North America will take place 11-13 May 2016 in Vancouver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/

- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May in San Francisco --CFP and Early Bird Registration
now open http://hbasecon.com

- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver --CFP open through 9 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/

- The ASF Operations Summary: Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (August-October 2015) is available
at http://s.apache.org/M0R

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos

- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear
and http://s.apache.org/landsend --all proceeds benefit the ASF!

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
ASF Committers.

# # #