www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 13 May 2016
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 16:09:09 GMT
>> this announcement is available at https://s.apache.org/WQjn

We're wrapping a great week at ApacheCon and Apache: Big Data more educated, enlightened,
and with 50% more new attendees! And as anticipated, the Apache community has been hard at
work around the globe as well. Here's what's happened:

ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance
with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 May 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ASF Fundraising & Sponsorship –the ASF relies on individual donors and corporate sponsors
to help bolster existing projects, incubate new initiatives, and promote meritocratic, community-driven
development "The Apache Way".
- Welcome to LeaseWeb as a Platinum Sponsor, and ODPi as a Gold Sponsor http://apache.org/foundation/thanks

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
- Even whilst offsite at ApacheCon, 7M+ weekly checks yield top shelf performance at 99.80%
uptime. Well done, Mighty Infra! http://status.apache.org/

ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Recordings of sessions and keynotes will be announced soon. Watch this space.
- Next up: Europe! 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain. Details forthcoming at http://apachecon.com/

Apache Apex™ –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies
stream and batch processing.
- Apache Apex Core 3.4.0 released http://apex.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache Attic™ –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project
has reached its end of life.
- Apache MRUnit retired http://attic.apache.org/projects/mrunit.html

Apache Camel™ –a powerful Open Source integration framework based on known Enterprise
Integration Patterns.
- Apache Camel 2.17.1 released http://camel.apache.org/download.html

Apache Commons™ Crypto –a cryptographic library optimized with AES-NI (Advanced Encryption
Standard New Instructions).
- Apache Commons Crypto component established http://commons.apache.org/crypto

Apache Commons™ CSV –library that provides a simple interface for reading and writing
CSV files of various types.
- Apache Commons CSV 1.3 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-csv/download_csv.cgi

Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM)
Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR
283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.10.3 and Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.2 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache Portals™ –a robust, full-featured, commercial-quality, and freely available Portal
related software on a wide variety of platforms and programming languages.
Apache Portals Jetspeed 2.3.1 released http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/download.html

Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation
system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
- Apache Storm 0.10.1 and 1.0.1 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web
applications.
- Apache Struts 2.5 GA released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-ga

Apache Tomcat™ Native Library –provides portable API for features not found in contemporary
JDK's.
- Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.7 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi

Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented Web application framework that
powers thousands of Web applications and Web sites for governments, stores, universities,
cities, banks, email providers, and more.
- Apache Wicket 6.23.0 and 7.3.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.23.0
and http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/7.3.0

Did You Know?

- Did you know that you can search through the full Apache archives --30M+ emails across 21
years-- with the new https://lists.apache.org/ service?

- Did you know that China Rail (the world's largest nationalized railway system) process 40K
transactions per second using Apache Geode (incubating)? http://geode.apache.org/

- Did you know that we're always looking for great ways to highlight Apache projects in our
"Did You Know" campaigns? Send your success stories to <press@apache.org>!

Apache Community Notices:

- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities https://helpwanted.apache.org/

- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html

- The In-Memory Computing Summit will take place 23-24 May 2016 in San Franciscso http://imcsummit.org

- The next HBaseCon will take place 24 May 2016 in San Francisco http://hbasecon.com

- The SF Bay Area Apache Phoenix MeetUp will hold the first-ever PhoenixCon on 25 May 2016
in San Francisco http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Apache-Phoenix-Meetup/

- MesosCon will be held 1-2 June 2016 in Denver http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon/

- The next CloudStack Collaboration Conference will take place 1-3 June 2016 in Montreal https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/apache-cloudstacktm-conference-montreal-2016-tickets-23815552960

- Berlin Buzzwords is back 5-7 June 2016 http://berlinbuzzwords.de/

- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/

- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September 2016 in Sao Paolo
http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php

- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/

- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Third Quarter, Fiscal Year 2016 (November
2015 - January 2016) is availbable at https://s.apache.org/9zLj

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from http://www.zazzle.com/featherwearand
http://s.apache.org/landsend--all proceeds benefit the ASF!

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
ASF Committers.

# # #