www-announce mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject The Apache News Round-up: week ending 19 August 2016
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:28:19 GMT
[ this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/7YLM ]

We're wrapping up the 33rd week of the year with the following achievements:

ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance
with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 September 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield sparkly performance at 99.71% uptime http://status.apache.org/

ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP and registration open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/

Apache Attic™ –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project
has reached its end of life.
- Apache Continuum retired http://attic.apache.org/projects/continuum.html

Apache Gearpump (incubating) –a real-time big data streaming engine.
- Apache Gearpump 0.8.1-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/gearpump/0.8.1-incubating/

Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed
for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.

- Apache Jackrabbit 2.12.3 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.18 and 1.5.8 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

Apache Olingo™ – a Java library that enables developers to implement Open Data Protocol
(OData) producers and consumers.
- Apache Olingo 2.0.7 released http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata2/download.html

Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and operational analytics for Apache Hadoop through SQL
support and integration with other projects in the ecosystem such as Spark, HBase, Pig, Flume,
MapReduce and Hive.
- Apache Phoenix 4.8.0 released https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ankit.asc

Apache Sling™ –a Web framework that uses a Java Content Repository, such as Apache Jackrabbit,
to store and manage content.
- Apache Sling Hypermedia API client-side tools 1.0.0 released http://sling.apache.org/site/downloads.cgi

Did You Know?

- Did you know that Twitter uses Apache Mesos and Apache Aurora to easily deploy across multiple
environments & clusters? http://mesos.apache.org/ http://aurora.apache.org/

- Did you know that Sberbank uses Apache Ignite to handle 3,000-4,000 transactions/second?
http://ignite.apache.org/

- Did you know that you can support the ASF by making a donation via Amazon, Bitcoin, check,
PayPal, or even your old car? http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

Apache Community Notices:

- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities
open with Avro, ComDev, Directory, Apache HTTP Server, OODT, Poi, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion,
and Zest! https://helpwanted.apache.org/

- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html

- The next Cassandra Summit will be held 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/

- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/

- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear
and http://s.apache.org/landsend--all proceeds benefit the ASF!

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to announce-subscribe@apache.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
ASF Committers.

# # #