www-announce mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.5 CDI container
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 09:44:23 GMT
It’s a great pleasure to announce the release of Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.5

Apache OpenWebBeans-2.x is a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) and
targets the CDI-2.0 specification (JavaEE 8).

This is a maintenance release targeting the new CDI 2.0 specification!
CDI is a JavaEE standard specification (JSR-365) but fully available under Apache License
v2.0.
http://cdi-spec.org/
https://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/2.0/cdi-spec.html

OpenWebBeans is modularly built and can be used either in pure Java SE, in a Servlet Container
like e.g. Tomcat or in fully fledged JavaEE containers.
Our core is only 700kByte and thus brings full JavaEE-8 compatibility at a smaller size of
most so called ‚micro solutions‘.

Distribution packages can be downloaded via https://openwebbeans.apache.org/download.html

The release is also available via maven http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/openwebbeans/

We also include an installer scripts in our binary distribution which can be used as easy
as:

$> unzip openwebbeans-distribution-2.0.5-binary.zip
$> cd openwebbeans-distribution-2.0.5
$> ./install_owb_tomcat7.bat /opt/your/apache-tomcat-9.x.x

(works with Apache Tomcat7 and 8, 8.5 and 9)

OpenWebBeans-2.0.x is included in Apache Meecrowave-1.2.x and the upcoming Apache TomEE-8.x
releases.

Please also visit our homepage http://openwebbeans.apache.org and contact us on our mailing
lists.

have fun,