www-announce mailing list archives

From Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Apache Struts 2.3.36 GA
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 08:25:33 GMT
The Apache Struts group is pleased to announce that Struts 2.3.36 is available as a "General
Availability" release. The GA designation is our highest quality grade.

Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java web
applications. The framework is designed to streamline the full development cycle, from building,
to deploying, to maintaining applications over time.

This release addresses one backward compatibility issue. Below is a full list of all changes:
- xml-validation fails since struts 2.5.17
- MD5 and SHA1 should no longer be provided on download pages

Internal Changes:
- XWorkList was moved into a com.opensymphony.xwork2.conversion.impl
package as com.opensymphony.xwork2.util package is excluded by the Internal Security Mechanism.

Please read the Version Notes to find more details about performed bug fixes and improvements.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.3.36

All developers are strongly advised to perform this action.

The 2.3.x series of the Apache Struts framework has a minimum requirement of the following
specification versions: Servlet API 2.4, JSP API 2.0, and Java 6.

Should any issues arise with your use of any version of the Struts framework, please post
your comments to the user list, and, if appropriate, file a tracking ticket.

You can download this version from our download page.
https://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-23x

Kind regards.