www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject documentation/658: One doc error and one clarification for mod_auth_anon
Date Mon, 02 Jun 1997 18:50:02 GMT

>Number:         658
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       One doc error and one clarification for mod_auth_anon
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
1) The docs refer to both "Anonymous_NoUser" and "Anonymous_NoUserID".
The second is correct.

2) The docs do not mention that a password file must be specified with
AuthUserFile. The example doesn't mention this at all. A zero-length
file
works just fine.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, but it did not seem to have any urgency.

Could you send me (part of) the access.conf you are using, and the
modules.c file; because I have a feeling you should get things to work
without that file; especially if you make the anonymous module
authorative; so it does not pass control to modules like the
normal mod_auth.c which wants that file.

Dw.

--

http://ewse.ceo.org                         http://enrm.ceo.org
DWvGulik@Dialis.xs4all.nl                  Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it

ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy