www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Igor Kovalenko <in...@mail.wplus.net>
Subject os-qnx/683: mmap() support for scoreboard handling
Date Thu, 05 Jun 1997 22:00:03 GMT

>Number:         683
>Category:       os-qnx
>Synopsis:       mmap() support for scoreboard handling
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
QNX starting from v4.20 does support mmap() system call, just imposing some restrictions to
an underlying file descriptor.

This descriptor must be obtained by POSIX shn_open() call, then ltrunc() must be applied to
set size of shared object. The object must be unlinked upon exit.

That object can't be read/write/resized and must reside under /dev/shmem. Allowed operations
with such fd are: open, close, stat, unlink.

The mmap() itself works nice and above limitations are irrelevant to Apache as of v1.2, so
I think it would be nice to add support, just for better performance.
>How-To-Repeat:
Nope.
>Fix:
Yes - I have modified version of http_main.c and conf.h.
Changes are pretty minimal, few lines of code, surrounded by #ifdef QNX.

I tested it and it works nice.

I have "diff -n" output for Apache 1.2b11 and can do it for 1.2 as well