www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject config/694
Date Sun, 08 Jun 1997 19:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/694; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Mike Machado <reeders@innercite.com>
Subject: config/694
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 13:31:55 -0600 (MDT)

 On Sat, 7 Jun 1997, Mike Machado wrote:

 > i tempararlay set all the permissions to rwxrwxrwx so test things and there
 > was still a problem, the bigest thhing i think this might be is what owner
 > and group should i set my server to????

 Please send the output of the below command anyway.

 Also try compiling from source yourself.  There are so many potential
 incompatibilities on Linux due to a zillion versions of everything being
 around.

 As long as the server is running, it shouldn't matter who it runs as.

 If compiling from source doesn't help. please send a copy of you *.conf
 files.