www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Destandau Catherine <Catherine.Destan...@ign.fr>
Subject mod_proxy/700: command interpretation
Date Mon, 09 Jun 1997 12:30:01 GMT

>Number:         700
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       command interpretation
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>From httpd on Digital Unix 4.0b
to ftpd server on VMS machine
When using httpd as proxy server from PC, to contact ftp server on VMS machine,
the commande "LIST -lag" cannot be interpreted correctly on the VMS side.
The parameter "-lag" is not described in RFC 959
After clearing this option, the PC get the list of files in the directory
but the proxy module doesn't know how to interpret the VMS listing and so
it's not possible to get links over the directory

Don't know whether VMS is an OS deserving an extra development effort !!!
Hope it helps
>How-To-Repeat:
Install an apache-1.2.0 on any unix station A
Use Netscape or some other browser from any station, setting the proxy option
to travel by way of A
Contact a ftp server on a VMS machine (we tried "brel.enst.fr")
>Fix:
Some more code in proxy_ftp.c to interpret correctly a VMS listin