www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Peterson <dpeter...@stats.com>
Subject mod_log-any/714: Cannot always get the referer in the log file
Date Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:20:01 GMT

>Number:         714
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       Cannot always get the referer in the log file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Our web site is pointed to from many other web sites.  We are trying to obtain
the referring site for each hit. However most hits do not have a referrer.  We
ran a test where we started on our site, went to one of the sites that has
a link to our site, and then hit the link to our site.  The log did not show
anything for referrer.  When we ran the same test and cleared cache after we
selected the site that had our link, we were able to obtain that site as
a referrer.
Our site is www.stats.com.  A site that has a link to us is
http://zonestore-espnet.sportszone.com/index.html
>Fix: