www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From jeff hayes <jha...@aw.sgi.com>
Subject config/721: compiling in irix 6.3 with n32 bit libraries
Date Wed, 11 Jun 1997 19:30:01 GMT

>Number:         721
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       compiling in irix 6.3 with n32 bit libraries
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Compiling Apache with the n32 bit libraries proved to be easy
The new compiler is a bit .. well a LOT pickier than the o32 bit compiler.
So there are some things to fix to get a clean compile.

I could have taken the IRIX 6.2 binary that you have available but it is
prob built with O32 libraries, right?   So I wanted the practice and built
my own.   The fact that I built in irix 6.3 does not matter -- The binary
will run on irix 6.2 and 6.4 -  The OS diffs are in at the hardware level
and the OS guru's here assure me that it is okay.

Assuming that people with newer machines would want the n32 bit option.
It is possible that I went too far in  changes I made to GuessOS and Configure.
If you wanted to check existance of /lib32/libc.so.* and/or
/usr/lib32/mips4/libm.so before outputting "${MACHINE}-sgi-irix32" that
might be wise.   These are the files that our run scripts check for before
running the n32 apps.

There are some unreached statment warnings still in the regex pkg but I have
left that alone.  doing a break after a return in a case is a style thing so
i ignore it.

If you can tell me where to drop it I could send you the n32 bit binary
that I have built.
>How-To-Repeat:
build on an irix 6.* machine with the -n32 switch enabled.
>Fix:
diff ./Configuration /usr/local/etc/httpd/src12//Configuration
50c50
< #OPTIM=-O2
---
> OPTIM=-O2
86c86
< Rule IRIXNIS=no
---
> Rule IRIXNIS=yes
diff ./Configure /usr/local/etc/httpd/src12//Configure
258c258
<   CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -n32"
---
>   CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -n32 -DIRIX"
264,265c264,277
<       CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DIRIX"
<       LIBS="$LIBS -lsun"
---
>       # not needed in IRIX 6.*  LIBS="$LIBS -lsun"
>   else
>       OS='SGI IRIX'
>   fi
>   ;;
>     *-sgi-irix32)
>   echo "You are running 32-bit Irix. We will compile 32-bit"
>   CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -n32 -DIRIX"
>   LFLAGS="$LFLAGS -n32"
>   DEF_WANTHSREGEX=yes
>   DBM_LIB=""
>   if [ "$RULE_IRIXNIS" = "yes" ]; then
>       OS='SGI IRIX w/NIS'
>       # not needed in IRIX 6.*  LIBS="$LIBS -lsun"
268d279
<       CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DIRIX"
271a283
>   CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DIRIX"
276d287
<       CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DIRIX"
280d290
<       CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DIRIX"
diff ./util_snprintf.c /usr/local/etc/httpd/src12//util_snprintf.c
187c187
<     register i;
---
>     register int i;

--- in helpers/
diff ./GuessOS /usr/local/etc/httpd/src12/helpers//GuessOS
82a84,87
>   ;;
>
>     IRIX:6*)
>   echo "${MACHINE}-sgi-irix32"; exit 0

and in support/  .. httpd_monitor.c
non-void function "usage" (declared at line 232) should return a value
 line 122 change  int usage();  to void usage();
 line 240 change  int  to voi