www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Jim L..." <media...@newstown.com>
Subject general/731: News Story: Sorting out how to proceed in the Database WARS
Date Fri, 13 Jun 1997 12:30:01 GMT

>Number:         731
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       News Story: Sorting out how to proceed in the Database WARS
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
A look to the future.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Please excuse this engineering template. I found no other way to communicate
with this group.

I'm researching for a story on the path of the Information Super Highway...
DATABASE usage on web pages. It comes down to MS SQL server or everyone
else. ( Unix ... the rich man, poor man story )

My point: How can mom and pop build a database in the Unix world to increase
sales for their business when they talk to that world using a W95 box?

I like Apache's approach and market share; Unix HTTPD connectivity; (NT seams to
be buggy as a ISP) but can anyone maintain a DB at 28.8?

Is Apache providing a means to interface with MS Access so users can work on
their DB's offline and then update them without special tools?

This is a serious dead end that business may find after they develope their site.

Jim L..