www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David McMullen <...@stayfree.co.uk>
Subject suexec/741: Apache fails to find and use suexec
Date Mon, 16 Jun 1997 12:10:01 GMT

>Number:         741
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       Apache fails to find and use suexec
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.2.0
>Environment:
Linux amethyst 2.0.29 #1 Wed Jun 11 17:14:14 BST 1997 i586

GCC version 2.7.2.1
Apache does not find or use the suexec program, even when the SUEXEC_BIN variable
and file permissions (4711) and ownership (root) are correct.

I have tested this by using identicle httpd.h and conf/* files for both releases
1.2b11 and 1.2.0. 1.2b11 works as expected, reporting

Configuring Apache for use with suexec wrapper

whereas 1.2.0 does not.

A further test running a cgi script to print the output of 'id' proved that 1.2.0
was failing to use suexec
>How-To-Repeat:
The script I used was as follows:

#!/bin/bash
# id.cgi
echo -e 'Content-type: text/plain\n\n'
echo `id`

Running this script from within a users public_html directory should give the
users id, not the id of the user running the web server.