www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jim Esten <jes...@acm.org>
Subject config/767: FollowSymLinks not working.
Date Sun, 22 Jun 1997 03:40:03 GMT

>Number:         767
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       FollowSymLinks not working.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have configured a single directory inside the document tree as a link to a direcory
outside the doc tree.  Have searched completely for .htaccess files (none found on
entire system).  Receive error in browser that access not allow and get the
"Symbolic Link not permitted" message in error log.

I am able to view the link outside of the browser (from command line...)

Even fired server off running as root...no change.
>How-To-Repeat:
Site is inside a firewall.... sorry.
>Fix:
My only option right now is to place the files physically inside the doc tree.
I don't really want to do that if I have a choice..