www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From dgau...@hyperreal.com
Subject Re: general/653: Apache hangs believing there are more requests than real (I believe)
Date Mon, 23 Jun 1997 05:11:44 GMT
Synopsis: Apache hangs believing there are more requests than real (I believe)

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Sun Jun 22 22:11:43 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
The main times I see this happen is when the server's internet pipe is
dropping a large number of packets.  The initial handshake finishes
but the server gets bogged responding.

Another possibility is that your system is swapping, i.e. you don't
have enough ram to handle your MaxClients setting.  You could
diagnose this by running "vmstat" while it's in this state.

And another possibility is broken CGIs, or broken 3rd party
modules.  I've seen both of these cause this.

In any event, I watch over several multimillion hit per day
linux boxes (running 2.0.30 + apache 1.2) and don't see this
problem.

Thanks for using Apache!
Dean