www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple virtualhosts configured w/same ip address (fwd)
Date Wed, 25 Jun 1997 06:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/781; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple virtualhosts configured w/same
ip address (fwd)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 00:41:23 -0600 (MDT)

 ------=_NextPart_000_01BC80EE.33565940

 (attached config files not included)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 22:30:21 -0700
 From: Jose de Leon <jadiel@thevision.net>
 To: Marc Slemko <marc@hyperreal.com>
 Subject: Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple virtualhosts configured
w/same ip address

 Sorry, biblenetlive.org is a new domain.  And I was wrong about the problem
 not occuring with .ORG domains.  It happens on those.

 Be sure to use netscape 1.22 or IE 2.0

 Try:  www.modestoathletics.com, www.cimaged.com, cimaged.com,
 www.alsfurniture.com, www.modesto-horology.com

 The web server IP is 204.216.26.8, DNS server is 204.216.26.2

 Currently, www.modestoathletics.com, www.alsfurniture.com,
 www.modesto-horology.com have DNS A records to 204.216.26.8.

 modestoathletics.com, alsfurniture.com, modesto-horology.com have DNS A
 records to their respective virtual IP in order listed: 204.216.26.38,
 204.216.26.40, 204.216.26.30.

 www.cimaged.com (my testing case) has DNS A record to 204..216.26.45 (its
 virtual IP). cimaged.com also has DNS A record to 204.216.26.45.

 Below is the virtual settings from httpd.conf.  Attached are all my *.conf
 files.

 Thank you, your help is much appreciated.
 Jose de Leon

 <VirtualHost modestoathletics.com>
 ServerAdmin webmaster@modestoathletics.com
 DocumentRoot /mnt2/httpd/htdocs/athletics
 ServerName www.modestoathletics.com
 ErrorLog logs/modestoathletics.com-error_log
 TransferLog logs/modestoathletics.com-access_log
 </VirtualHost>

 <VirtualHost alsfurniture.com>
 ServerAdmin webmaster@alsfurniture.com
 DocumentRoot /mnt2/httpd/htdocs/als
 ServerName www.alsfurniture.com
 ErrorLog logs/alsfurniture.com-error_log
 TransferLog logs/alsfurniture.com-access_log
 </VirtualHost>

 <VirtualHost 204.216.26.45>
 ServerAdmin webmaster@cimaged.com
 DocumentRoot /mnt2/httpd/htdocs/chiseled
 ServerName www.cimaged.com
 ErrorLog logs/cimaged.com-error_log
 TransferLog logs/cimaged.com-access_log
 </VirtualHost>

 #
 #	The next commented lines is what I originally had
 #	but switched to the lines above in an attempt to resolve
 #	the problem I am having.
 #
 #<VirtualHost www.cimaged.com>

 > From: Marc Slemko <marc@hyperreal.com>
 > To: apache-bugdb@apache.org; jadiel@thevision.net; marc@apache.org
 > Subject: Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple
 virtualhosts configured w/same ip address